Monday, July 2, 2018

MAY 21, 2018

Hey Family and friends!

This week was just another incredible week! So many amazing experiences to share, and the good times just keep rolling down here in the South. 

First and foremost, just picture this: A white and orange short bus (like literally a bus haha) pulling into the church parking lot with a family of 5 dressed and ready for church. Just a sight to see let me tell you. It was awesome! Heavenly Father has really been blessing this area already. We have been doing this neighborhood "bible study" which just ends up being a Book of Mormon study haha, and all the neighbors trickle in and out. We went one Saturday, and told the family we'd be back in 20 minutes, and to invite everyone they could. We came back and several other neighborhood kids were over ready to study. It turned out great! We have been studying a lot together about the Savior and his Atonement especially in Alma 7. I mean everyone down here loves Jesus, so what better topic am I right? So this Saturday we really invited for church, and luckily a member has a big bus and was willing to go and pick everyone up for church. :) It was way awesome, and they seemed to enjoy it! It was the mom, Kristian, her daughter Renika, son Benny, and 2 younger daughters Lamyra and Mylove. Definitely a little different from what they are used to being Southern Baptist, but we think they liked it and felt the spirit! In Elder's Quorum we were talking about priesthood blessings, and Benny asked if he could receive one. So right there in the middle of EQ we performed a priesthood blessing for Benny. That was way cool. He is 18, and we invited him to the game night and volleyball YSA activities this week. 

I received a call from Chris and Paige ( investigators up in Mandeville) saying that Chris is really making those steps to be baptized, and Paige is not far behind him. They said that they have been praying about getting married, and are willing to just do whatever they need to do. Apparently Chris was like, "well I immediately went over to the courthouse to figure out the paperwork I need to sign and the stuff I need to do to make this official so that I can get baptized." haha let's gooo! Anyways, so I was way excited to hear that, but the shocking thing was when they told me that I was an ordained minister, and that they want me to perform the wedding.....!!...Like what? So we'll see what happens with some counsel from the mission President, but sounds like it might be a possibility. Apparently Elder Jensen talked with President Varner and it sounded like it could happen. Haha so I may or may not be conducting a marriage ceremony in the next few weeks and marrying them! Can you just imagine that? Good gravy. Haha who knows though bless my heart, but how cool would that be? Regardless I was very touched when they told me they wanted me to do it if I could. They are amazing!

Miracle:
We were out contacting some LA members, and came across this lady named Diana. After some hard struggles she hasn't been to church in over 20 years. She hasn't even had contact with anyone in the church for years. However, her son actively attends every week. She has been telling her son the last few months that she will be coming back to church soon. She had made a resolution with Heavenly Father that she would be coming back to church this summer. Well, what does He do? He sends the missionaries on May 20th in the summer! She invited us right in and we had a great visit with her. She recognized the miracle of us being there, and we testified using the scripture in Alma 26:37. I know with all my heart that Heavenly Father answers prayers. One of the most incredible feelings of joy has to be being led by the spirit to answer someone's prayer.

Elder Lynn G. Robbins of the Seventy came to the mission this week and had a MLC meeting with a group of us missionaries. I was grateful for the opportunity to attend, because it was such an inspiring meeting. He was dropping some serious spiritual nuggets that is for sure. I will share a few highlights:
-In order to BE like Jesus Christ you must first DO as he does. 
-Success is going from failure to failure without any loss of enthusiasm. 
-The battle is His, so leave the worrying to him.
-Teach the doctrine and leave the investigator at the cross roads with the influence of the Holy Ghost. The decision is theirs, but the Holy Ghost is the master teacher to help them make the right decision.
Those were just a few of the incredible insights that I believe can be applied to any aspect of life. So many personal insights for me, and I am so grateful for how the answers to life's questions truly are found in the scriptures you just have to look for them in the right way.

Love y'all. Stay prayed up and blessed!
Love, 
Elder Wilson