Tuesday, July 24, 2018

JULY 24, 2018 (Last email)

Hey y'all, 

I honestly can't believe the time. Time has just flown by serving the Lord here in Louisiana. I will be forever grateful for my mission and the invaluable lessons I have learned these last 2 years. My mission will mean the world to me the rest of my life. I wanted to finish my last weekly email with a showing of gratitude and a few thoughts that I have learned. The Lord has taught me so many spiritual truths, and I will not be able to thank him enough. One of the most important spiritual truths is that of coming to learn of the Savior Jesus Christ. I have been so blessed to see my life, attitude, and behavior change as I have to learned more about Him and strived to apply his teachings and example everyday. I have seen that obedience to the Lord brings so much joy and happiness.  One other spiritual truth is joy in the service of God. I have seen that as I have lost myself in the work of the Lord I have found myself and who I truly am. I have found true joy in loving others and ultimately loving/serving Heavenly Father. 

I feel like I have always had faith in the Savior Jesus Christ, but never knew the power that it brings in people's lives. I have seen that through faith in Christ really anything is possible, and miracles are real! I have seen my faith grow so much. In addition, because of faith, the Lord has definitely helped me develop charity and love. I never knew I would come to love the people of Louisiana so fast and so much. I have seen that as I learn more of the Savior and serve those I come in contact with I come to love them so much. I have seen myself change and become more charitable to the wonderful people here.

I love the Savior Jesus Christ. I have loved serving Him here in Louisiana, and will be forever grateful for my mission. It has been the most incredible 2 years of my life so far. I have loved it so much. I love y'all and can't thank you enough for the love and support to me while out serving on my mission. I am excited to see everyone soon!! 
Love, 
Elder Wilson