Tuesday, November 1, 2016

NOVEMBER 1, 2016

Hey Watcha say? (Meaning hey how's it going.) When I first got here I was always like, "what do you mean I didn't say anything. What did you say?" haha bless my heart :)

This week was exceptionally great! Today is transfer calls and so everyone is nervous and sick as to where they are headed and what not haha. This morning I got a call from President Hansen and he told me that I will be training a new missionary here in Downtown New Orleans!! I was definitely in a bit of shock when I heard since I just finished being trained by Elder Glissmeyer, but I am beyond grateful for the faith that the Lord has in me. I am super excited to for the opportunity to train a new missionary and help him in anyway that I can!

I hope everyone had a fun Halloween! One of the nights before we went over to a recent convert's house and carved pumpkins with their non-member friend's little critters (kids). We had a blast and were able to invite them to church this next Sunday as well!

Our investigator Mr. Moore has been coming to Church every week and is really starting to feel like a member of the ward. He has been giving profound input in the class discussions and it is really cool to see how much he has progressed in just a few weeks. We were able to teach him the Law of Chastity and the Word of Wisdom lessons this week and both of which couldn't have gone any better. We found that he didn't have any problem with either of those commandments and told us, "If this is a commandment from God and it is what he wants me to do in order to be a part of His Church then I will do it." He has a pretty colorful past and told us that he has changed quite a bit in the last 20 years and knows that he changed especially for this time in his life where he will be baptized. He is extremely excited to be baptized this Saturday Nov. 5th, but we are not quite sure how "colorful" his past is and might have to let you know President Hansen about maybe getting an interview from you when you would be able to. We are going to have a lesson this Wednesday about the baptismal interview questions and then depending on what happens may have to push the baptismal date back a week or so. I am sure it will all work out though. I just have to remember it is all on the Lord's timetable. 

Our other very promising investigator that I mentioned last week is Jason Porter. This week he was able to make it to Church and arrived 30 minutes early!! We were so excited when he walked in so early ready to enjoy the meetings. He told us that he didn't want to be late this week and really had the desire to experience the full church service. We were able to sit up at the very front of the chapel with him and explained the sacrament along with the rest of the program. He absolutely loved sacrament meeting! He told us that the talks given were amazing and he loved that they were given "from the heart." We had a lesson with him on Sunday right after church and taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We committed him to baptism on Dec. 3rd! He is very excited and knows that there are some things he needs to change in his life to be prepared for that date. I am looking forward to his progression.

 Well, I love y'all and hope everyone had a great Halloween! We were on lock-down for the night so I carved a sweet Saints pumpkin :) I am very excited to see what the Lord has in store for me and the people we are teaching in the coming weeks. Thanks so much for the love and support.
Love, 
Elder Wilson