Monday, November 21, 2016

NOVEMBER 21, 2016

Hey Watcha Say, 

This week was pretty fantastic! We had a lot of success in teaching this week. 
I forgot to mention last week all the chaos that is happening now that Trump was elected. There have been tons of protests all over the place that we have been subtly avoiding haha. Apparently people wanted Hillary, but who knows they probably would have been protesting if she won anyways haha bless their hearts. Other than that I am pretty uninformed about the whole situation! 

Oooh the weather has been cooling off drastically! With the humidity it makes the wind chill pretty icy cold in the evening hours of the day, but we have been staying warm drinking hot chocolate so no worries :D   The last couple days have been pretty chilly, but other than that it has been super nice for biking!

Also, I popped another tire this week. Only the second one though so far, but also the 2nd one this transfer haha. It's all good though since my trainer Elder Glissmeyer popped 7 while he was here so I guess he is just passing the trainer legacy on to me :) haha. Looking back at it was pretty funny though, because literally the day E. Glissmeyer left I popped my first tire and then another one this week, bless my heart for sure! I like to think of the quote from the movie the R.M "In the eternal perspective the finer things in life just don't matter." Definitely true when it comes to popping bike tires :)
Well, onto the work: 
Our investigator Mr. Moore has been very excited about baptism over the last few weeks, but I think when we mentioned that he had to be interviewed by someone other than us missionaries he was a bit uneasy and ended up avoiding us all together.(Which I will have you know can be dangerous in the BIG EASY :) ). Nonetheless, we were able to meet up with him this week and clear up his concerns. Once we were able to resolve the nervousness he was super excited about being baptized and his going to be interviewed by President Hansen tonight! (Fingers crossed)

The miracle of attending a baptism occurred this week. I never knew how much of an impact attending another person's baptism has on an investigator. This week we were able to attend the baptism of the McNeely Family taught by the other missionaries in the ward. We decided that maybe our last shot of helping Mr. Moore progress towards baptism was allowing him the opportunity of seeing a baptism performed so that he wouldn't have to be nervous about his and that it would excite him more about his own baptism. Sure enough, it worked out great! Mr. Moore was able to attend the baptism and absolutely loved it. We were able to go through the baptismal interview questions with him afterwards so that he didn't have to worry about it. He made it to Church yesterday and is well on his way to entering the the Lord's Kingdom here on Earth! 

Another really cool miracle happened this week while street contacting. Elder Hicken needed some repairs done to his bike so we  went and dropped it off at the shop and started talking to all of the people we could outside of the shop. We saw a man sitting down waiting for his bike at the shop and decided to talk to him. We found out his name was George and he was visiting from Chicago.  He then asked about our Church and Mormons. I started talking to him about how we have a loving Heavenly Father that has a plan for each and everyone of his children. He was very intrigued by the lesson and we ended up teaching him the entire P.O.S lesson. What was super cool though was during the message I asked him if he read the Bible at all and he said, "Well, it is funny that you ask me that because I hadn't read the bible for years since I was a kid. I grew up as a Catholic and would read with my parents, but this morning at a restaurant while waiting for my breakfast order I picked up the mini bible that was on the table and started reading it. So, yeah I guess I do read the bible."  Haha so cool! We then proceeded to share with him about the 3 kingdoms of glory and where it is found in the bible. He loved it and told us that he would read all of the additional study sections in the back of the pamphlet . Unfortunately he lives in Chicago, but he told us that he would definitely look into it when he gets back.  It is amazing that the Lord places people like George that have been prepared to hear the message of the Gospel. What a blessing it is to be an instrument in God's hands to be led to those that he wants us to find.

Well, I hope y'all have a great Thanksgiving! Much love from Narlins!
Love, 
Elder Wilson