Monday, January 29, 2018

JANUARY 29, 2018

Big news for the Louisiana Baton Rouge Mission!!! This is going to be HUGE! I repeat HUGE! And I am quoting right now. So the Jackson Mississippi Mission is being dissolved and our mission is taking most of the area and missionaries starting on July 1. It will be crazazy!! Luckily we will still have the Varners.

This week was straight butter patch kids on rice like no doubt. I know that is hard to imagine, but just stay tuned. I hope it is more entertaining than Bob Ross, but y'all will just have to see. Missionary work this week was almost as swift as that guy moves the paint brush, and almost as full as the man's hair. I mean I have to be honest about it at least.

We had some really funny experiences this week with some interesting people too that were smiles :) I won't include them though to keep it clean and crisp, but just know I love Louisiana and the people here even more. The things I learn and see here in Louisiana will stay with me forever.... for good and for bad. Haha :D

A member of the ward that grew up with Alvin in elementary school was having the baptism of one of her sons. It was so great and such a special today. Since they went to school together she invited Alvin and his son Christian to attend as well. They absolutely loved it. We had a great lesson afterward with Alvin and he told us that the chances are 9/10 that he will be getting in the water here soon to take a soak! He didn't want to set a date, because he wants to pray about it first which is great. He is doing well. We also helped Therese move to a new apartment with the elders quorum, so she is getting back on her feet.

Miracle: Thursday was filled with miracles. It helps that exchanges always tend to bring an extra added measure of tender mercies for some reason. Before going out Elder Bagely and I prayed specifically that at least one person would be prepared for our message today. Well, the Lord truly provided and answered our prayers. We met this lady named Ariel out street contacting and she immediately invited us in. We shared a powerful message about the Book of Mormon with her and her brother-in-law. They were so excited to try and start making it to church. We thought that was the answer, but I mean it was only like 3 in the afternoon at that point so nothing was stopping us. We tracted into this lady with 2 kids, and she kindly said to come back later when her husband was home. So we started walking down the street and met this guy named Shawn. He wasn't too interested but was way nice regardless. Well, we ended up going back to see the family and Shawn turned out to be the husband :) They invited us in and we started talking about the Bible and B.O.M and found out the wife's grandma was a member years ago and always talked about how the Book of Mormon parallels perfectly with the Bible. That was awesome! But wait there is more: 
We met this guy named Chris last week and he specifically told us, "I'm Catholic and y'all won't convert me but I will listen to you." and so he said to come back this week. Well, he invites us in and turns out he is tired of the Catholic church and starts ranting for like 20 mins haha. He then told us that he was at a cross roads in life and needed help with his family. He has a fiance and a 5 year old. We taught the Restoration lesson, and went back the next day to give him the B.O.M. He told us him and Paige (his fiance) had read the entire pamphlet and "just needs to read the book." It was way cool though, because he realized for himself that Heavenly Father really had prepared him and sent us to him. He said, "I just think it is so interesting that y'all knock on my door looking for a member of your church last week, when we have lived here for 2 years. And it isn't until just recently that I am at this cross road in my life with God and religion and Paige and I just don't know what to do, but then y'all come knocking on my door. You could've come a year ago, but you came last week." Let's GOO!! It was unreal the blessings from the Lord. He truly answered our prayers by also answering the prayers of another at the same time. Alma 26:37, "God is mindful of every people in whatsoever land they may be in." I know that is true with all my heart.

Well, love y'all have a fantastic week!!
Love, 
Elder Wilson