Saturday, December 30, 2017

DECEMBER 19, 2017

Merry ssssChristmas y'all!!!! It is going to be a Kenny Chesney Christmas this time of year! (To quote)

Unfortunately there is so much to say and do today, but so little time haha. This week has been seriously crazy!! It is transfer week and it turns out I am being transferred to a little place called Mandeville. It is north of Lake Pontchartrain, so I will have served north and south of the lake, and experienced polar opposite things I do imagine. I have been here in Baton Rouge not even including LSU for a good minute, 6-8 months, so I am super excited for the new adventure that awaits! I am sure going to miss Elder Hoopes though, we have become such good friends. And I mean everyone has to have a buddy that is a stud wrestler, just to stay safe these days. My new companion is a great man, but might be a bit of a challenge as he has been struggling a little bit with a few things lately. We will be doubling in there so it will be a great opportunity to get this ball rolling. I am grateful for the trust that I feel as I am asked to strive to be an example and hopefully help him. I have never been a district leader before either, so I am excited for that new set of responsibilities. I am sure thankful for the prayers in my behalf that I have felt over my mission, and know that the Lord answers those prayers. I am stoked to hit the ground running over there and continue to labor with the Savior in a different part of his vineyard. As this new challenge and adventure presents itself, I would be so grateful for some prayers for me and my companion and in softening the hearts of the people over there as we begin to open up new doors and bring the gospel to new ears. What better time than this Christmas season!!

I read a quote this week:  "Obedience is the price. Faith is the power. Love is the motive. The spirit is the key. Christ is the reason." There are times where we must sacrifice the things that seem to be impossible to sacrifice, but by doing so we receive the faith that works wonders. If there is one thing that I know to be true, it is that the Savior Jesus Christ lives and loves each of us. However, it is only when we find the love for Him that he becomes the reason we do the things that we do. When our will becomes swallowed up in His will we will find ourselves as we truly are, and as we want ourselves to be. I know that He walks with me here in His work and without him I would be nothing. I love the Christmas season to be able to remember Him even more when times during the year seem to distract us. 

Because of time I will just share one experience from this week: We went out caroling the other night and just had the greatest time. We sung on so many doorsteps and many let us inside!! Who would have thought that angelic pipes made such good instruments in missionary work haha. We met many kind families that were so open to invite us back :) 
We met with many of our investigators and the Haitian lady brought her boys to church again. A ward member helped her find a job too, and so she is just becoming such a part of the ward. The boys just come to church every week with their suits and everything, and are praying about being baptized :) They are 12, 11, and 9. Many other people just so close to making those steps as well. God is good, and as Louisianian's say God is love.

Excited to skype home for Christmas!!! (I have 5 days to make something happen over there in Mandeville. They might literally give me 1 phone call, but I will know who I'm going to call! Walter Hobbs and Chris. (and Hermione o course) Haha jk I will figure something out! Love y'all, I will call you in 5 minutes!!
Love, 
Elder Wilson