Monday, June 5, 2017

JUNE 5, 2017

Hola Como Estan!

This week was a really great week overall, even with the hectic schedule at the beginning. A lot of change coming for Elder Wilson haha, but it will be great!

So last week was transfer week, and it started out pretty crazy, because last Monday morning I got picked up bright and early by the AP's and they took me into the office. They wouldn't tell me anything and I felt like I was getting mugged haha. When I got there President Hansen asked if he could interview me and like the whole time I was thinking, "Oh no, not again. What did I do this time? I knew we should've went inside last night when it was pouring rain. And that chocolate cake, don't even get me started about that chocolate cake" Lol. Anyways, you never want to be unprepared for these kind of on the spot interviews. Luckily, I had totally remembered to shave that morning :) He sat me down in another room and called me to be an Assistant to the President. It is really humbling top think the trust Heavenly Father has in me to be an example to the other missionaries. This mission has helped me come to know the many weaknesses and the things that I struggle with so much, but still for whatever reason he gives me more opportunities to learn and grow. I have seen how our Heavenly Father calls the weak to rise up and be leaders to the people. Like 1st Corinthians 1:27, God chooses the weak things of the world to confound the wise. There are times when I feel so inadequate in the responsibilities that I have been given, but every time my Savior Jesus Christ has been there to walk beside me. I know that He will strengthen me in all the things that he needs me to do. Pres. Hansen then reminded me of the realization that we will be having a new mission president, Pres. Varner, coming into the mission on July 1st and how he felt like I should be the one to help him make the transition. It hit me like a ton of bricks, but as he shared his testimony to me I could feel my Savior's love. As I have been prayerfully studying one of my favorite scriptures Matthew 11:28-30 I have come to find the peace that comes from being yoked with the savior. It tells us to come unto Him and learn of Him and we shall find rest to our souls. For his yoke is easy and his burden is light. I bear you my testimony that I know He lives and loves us. I don't care what anyone says, He is there and he IS the Savior of the world. He will never leave us if we will turn to him. It is going to be a challenge, but I am so excited to be able to help be an example and serve. Through faith and diligence we can accomplish anything!

The rest of the day was helping get all the transfer boards and everything all figured out to be able to tell everyone where they will be serving, and getting all the car routes figured out. It was intense trying to plan how to most effectively get car repairs/ tests up in BR as well as what missionaries need to ride with who and what area, etc.  

We then had to make all of the calls the next day and pick up the new missionaries at the airport. It was a ton of fun to see the two new greenie elders and 2 new sisters right off the plane from Atlanta and bring them to the mission home. We were able to share our testimonies with them and hopefully excite them for their mission! Up until Wednesday I was in a trio with the current Assistants, Elder Barron and Arellano who are both Spanish missionaries. Elder Barron went home last Thursday morning and so that was crazy to have to take him to the airport at like 5 a.m with the rest of the Go-home missionaries. They were all really great missionaries, so it was a bit sad to see them go. It was pretty funny though, because while we were in a trio we went and helped this Spanish family move furniture and they literally spoke no English at all so Elder Barron was helping me learn some Espanol on his last day in the field haha.

By Thursday afternoon we were back at working and turns out I am with Elder Arellano in a salt and pepper (English/Spanish) companionship covering the BR Spanish branch and the BR 3rd ward. So all of East Baton Rouge English and Spanish.
I wish I had more time to write, but the last couple days have been super intense! Since Elder Arellano was doing all Spanish work with Elder Barron in the BR east Spanish area we have tons of investigators to teach, but none of them speak English!! To make a long story short, we have been following up with all of these people and I have been so lost and confused. I literally feel like a brand new missionary trying to learn the language LOL. Bless my heart for sure. I thought that I had finally gotten this whole mission thing down, but apparently not haha. I am starting over pretty much! I can now most definitely say, "This is not the language they taught me in the MTC" LOL :D

On Sunday we attended the Spanish branch in the morning as well as the English ward. I wrote down several sentences of my testimony I was going to share in the Spanish branch, but we ran out of time, (And I was a bit nervous :D) And the English ward is super awesome!! That was a nice relief being able to clearly understand the message and not be nervous to introduce ourselves and bear testimony :) We then went to the mission home for numbers and such last night.
I am really excited for these new assignments, but I am for sure going to need some help! Thank you so much for your prayers in my behalf. I love y'all so much. Have a blessed week!

Love,
Elder Wilson