Tuesday, December 27, 2016

DECEMBER 27, 2016

Merry Christmas everyone!!


Just a quick one since we have almost no time to email this week. I hope y'all had a wonderful Christmas holiday and greased up those garbage can lids for some around-the-town sledding!! I hearred ya gon hitr up der with a bunch of snow :D Just stay low and frosty that's all I ask!



I was grateful for the chance that I had to skype the family and the garb on Sunday! That was a blast! The mission president gave us one phone call, and I knew who I was going to call, Walter Hobbs/The fam :) It was great hearing how well everyone is doing back home and laughing the whole time! Oh man, I love y'all and am so grateful you have been so loving and supportive!



We had a wonderful sacrament meeting on Sunday, and one of the members shared the story of the saviors birth found in Luke. It was a small congregation, but the spirit was as strong as ever. Christmas time is such a wonderful chance to remember Christ's birth and life. I loved part of the talk that was shared about how without Easter there would be no Christmas, because without the resurrection of our Savior Jesus Christ there would be no celebration of his birth and ministry. He made the ultimate sacrifice for each and everyone of us and all he asks is for us to follow him.
It is such a blessing to spread this magnificent news to all. May we all take the opportunity to spread a little Christmas cheer (possibly singing loud for all to hear) by sharing our testimonies of the savior and his love for each of us. As the scriptures say, we just have to open our mouths to bear testimony and what we shall say will be given to us. I know that this promise is true and that the Lord will be there with us every step of the way if we press forward in faith. He is the light that we can always follow, for it never ceases. The light that brightens even the hardest of days and the hardest of times. We just have to look to it.



I love y'all so much and hope you have a fantastic New Years! Thank you so much for the love you have showed me this Christmas season!
Love,
Elder Wilson